Based in Krakow, Poland
Coming in 2020
Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York is a visual novel set in the rich universe of Vampire: The Masquerade. It acts as a stand-alone expansion and a companion piece to our previous title, Coteries of New York. While Coteries was a general introduction to the world depicted in the 5th Edition of the hit tabletop role-playing game, Shadows presents a more personal and unique tale.
When New York’s Anarch leader meets a gruesome end, out of all the bloodsuckers in the metropolis, you’re the one picked to investigate. Make no mistake: this is obviously a trap, yet another move in the horrible game of Jyhad, the eternal struggle for power between warring vampire generations. But you’re Lasombra, and if there’s one thing you know, it’s this: if the Ventrue Prince and her followers underestimate you, they’re going to deeply regret it. Beside the main storyline, players are able to take part in additional missions that allow them to learn a lot about the lore. All that makes Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York a perfect title for both Vampire: The Masquerade veterans, as well as fans of mature narrative-driven games in general.
- A visual novel tackling themes of personal and political horror, suitable for both Vampire: The Masquerade veterans, and fans of narrative-driven games who are newcomers to the setting
- A stand-alone expansion to Coteries of New York. See the familiar metropolis through entirely different eyes. Expect new characters, new locations and a fresh original soundtrack
- Play as a member of the Lasombra clan. Formerly vicious foes of the Camarilla, the Magisters decided to search for safety in the ranks of their former enemies. Master the shadows and communicate with the inhabitants of the Other Side, but beware – Oblivion is always lurking out there, ready to devour you whole
- Explore the streets of the Big Apple. While you search for ways to satiate your bloodthirst, catch glimpses of various fascinating vignettes and forge connections with the eccentric inhabitants of the city. One playthrough won’t be enough to see it all
- Shape your mind, shape your fate. You used to avoid defining yourself and tried to stay neutral, but given your situation, you can no longer afford to do so. The choices you make will alter the way you think, and your thinking will alter the paths you take
- Shadows of New York is a more personal story, told from the perspective of a well-defined character who’s already integrated into the Kindred society and has a developed inner monologue of her own (which means you influence her personality instead of shaping it)
- The game does justice to the mature themes of the World of Darkness, and takes advantage of the excellent atmosphere of the source material
Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York Teaser Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Draw Distance
Draw Distance is a new name of iFun4all - a 10-year experienced Polish indie game development studio and publisher, standing behind Serial Cleaner, Halls of Horror, Ritual: Crown of Horns, Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York and other.
More information on Draw Distance, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York Credits